Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pack Meeting and Arrow of Light

We now have 2 boys in Cub Scouts, so every month Pack Meeting is a big deal. (And since scouts is on my list of duties as 1st Counselor, I get to attend the 'blessed' event and kill 2 birds with one stone right?)
On December 10th, Brady, received his Arrow of Light. When we first got into scouts 3 years ago, I didn't know what a big deal it was. But after having a Webelo, I see how much work goes into it. Because of the church run scout program, our 10 year olds have only one year to get their Arrow of Light, where as in other programs Webelo's have 2 years. So THANK GOODNESS for great/wonderful/super/dedicated leaders! I know they always give a mothers pin when an advancement is made, but I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have great leaders sending notes home saying: "Brady needs to have such and such done by next week." Angie Mazeika, is our bishops wife and according to her hubby is quite the drill sargent with the boys. (But you almost have to be stern with young boys right?) She does an amazing job and sometimes will hold multiple den meetings per week so that the boys get through the program.

Also a funny little story from that night, the theme for pack meeting was 'Hero's', so at the beginning of Pack Meeting, Bro. Abel asks the boys who their hero's are. Zack raised his hand and said, "My dad", (Nate's chest puffed out a little on that comment.) Other boys also named some hero's of their own. Then Zack raised his hand again, but this time he said, "A librarian". He crackes me up sometimes...this has to do with his love for reading Harry Potter books lately. I turned to Nate and said, "Where does he come up with these things?"


Todd Asbell was Akaela, who came to give the Arrow of Light ceremony...quite entertaining.

Sis. Mazeika had the boys do some good skits that night. This was my favorite.

Brady and Sis. Mazeika, we sure are going to miss her. Hopefully she stays in Webelo's until Zack gets there.

Sara, Brady and Nate.

Brady receives his Arrow of Light.

Brady pinning on the Mother's Pin for his Arrow of Light.

Mitchell, Brady and David all received their award that night.

Zack receiving an award from his Den Leader Sis. Olesen.

Zack and all the Wolves.

1 comment:

Elena said...

I can't believe that little Brady isn't so little anymore. What a cute kid.