Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rachel's Birthday

Rachel turned 7, on the 27th which was the last Sunday of the month. Which is also when we have a Broadhead family dinner. So we were able to kill a lot of birds with one stone. Since Hannah was born, we've now been able to have her friend party in the summer, but we still like to have family over to celebrate December Birthday's. And since the Holmes' have 3 of the 5 birthdays...we of course get to host the big event! As long as Rachel get's to eat breakfast in bed, with the red bowl and plate and of course the bumpy spoon...she will always enjoy her birthday I think.
Nate and I gave her the bunkbed for her American Girl Doll, and I had made mattresses, blankets and pillows to complete it. We decided to wait and let Rachel decide if she want's to paint the bed.

She was so excited to have a bed for her doll.

Closing her eyes trying to figure out what it was.


Kaylee and Rachel opening up gifts together...Kaylee is 17 days older than Rachel.

We decided to let Hannah open up some gifts even though her birthday wasn't for a few more days...a princess dress up from Dad and Mom.

My 2 December Birthday Girls.

Hannah loves babies.


All the December Birthday took a turn taking a bite out of the cake!

1 comment:

Jen said...

December birthday girls! You know I can relate!! I love the picture of her with her eyes closed trying to figure out what the ADORABLE doll bunkbed is. She looks like a mini-Sara. Happy Birthday Rachel!